Those of you who know a little bit of my history know that I was a Naval Commander, in command of two fast-attack nuclear submarines including the USS Pollock. This experience, and my subsequent stint as a Programs Manager at the Pentagon, led me to develop a deep interest in the science of sales, as I was “selling” constantly to both my subordinates (orders and policies) and my superiors (requests for money and resources).
I learned that I could not simply bark orders all day and expect the crew to trust and respect me. And when you are involved in the sort of missions we were tasked with, a mutual trust and respect is paramount or you end up in a steel grave in the depths of the ocean. Instead, I had to learn more about how to get people to do what you wanted using communication skills. This self-education led to later success with my own computer software firm and then as a sales trainer, where I now teach others how to close a deal.
My new book, Close Deals Faster: The 15 Shortcuts of the Asher Sales Methodwas built on what I learned during my years in the military as well as my subsequent study of 300 or so books on sales. It “cuts to the chase.” Rather than expound endlessly on one good idea for a hundred pages, I filled it with a lot of practical advice and shortcuts from what I have personally seen work throughout my varied career.
The book is built around the Ten Skills of the Super Salespeople, and 15 shortcuts developed around them which help to close deals faster. These tips on sales closing techniques are applicable to any type of selling, but are especially suited to complex, high-stakes B2B sales.
Here is what readers who buy the book will learn:
- An understanding of the most important, fundamental sales skills
- How to establish rapport using mimicry and neuro-linguistic programming
- What emotional intelligence is and what the 4 levels of EQ are
- Tried and true techniques for overcoming objections
- Tips for closing deals when the buyer is ready
- The secret to getting through to a decision maker
- The power of listening to the buyer, and how to do a better job at it
- How to establish the key differentiators which separate you from your competitors
- Where to invest resources and attention for greater return
- Tips for getting repeat business and referrals from long-term relationships
- How to speed up buyers through the sales cycle
- And much more
As you can see, by reading this book alone, a new salesperson could be making sales in short order. And veterans could refine their process to close deals faster than they ever have before.
For a new look on sales, please order my book Close Deals Faster: The 15 Shortcuts of the Asher Sales Method which is published by IdeaPress and available on Amazon.