Close Deals Faster: The 15 Shortcuts of the Asher Sales Method is based on 15 tactics which, when utilized together, form a sales methodology which will increase business for any B2B sales operation. The key word in the previous sentence is “utilized,” because if you simply read it and don’t put the precepts into practice, it won’t do much good.
There are many ways to apply these shortcuts, as I cover both in the book and in past blog posts. Let’s take another look at each and various ways to apply them to make more money with less time and effort. Hopefully, these will inspire you to take some action and start 2018 with a BANG!
- Use networking technology to prospect for new business
Have you invested in LinkedIn Premium or Sales Navigator yet? If you are a B2B salesperson this is a must. Assemble a list of 50 target companies and find some key decision makers in each…favoring those with whom you have 1st and 2nd Level connections.
- Qualify leads quickly and give sufficient quality touches
On average, you need 12 contacts with a prospect to close a sale. Using your CRM and a calendar, plan these out. As an example:
- Intro InMail/email/phone call
- Follow up email asking for appointment
- Meet and give presentation
- Handwritten thank you note (whether closed or not)
- Send connection request on LinkedIn
- Follow up call
- Follow up email
- Send brochure and hand-signed letter
- Send email newsletter
- Share a blog post of interest
- Ask an insider (mutual connection) to mention you
- Follow up call
Of course, you might close or disqualify the buyer at any level of these steps, making the following ones unnecessary. Or you might have to add 10 more touches to the list. The point is that you can close deals faster if you structure a plan of attack for your prospects so you are always top of mind—and don’t give up after only one or two touches.